Now you can ask questions directly to me on my new site ASPForums.
However, I've found the following techniques assist in getting a correct refresh: 1.
Add a new parameter to the sproc, then do perform the above. This appears to be a more solid solution and the one I currently perform when the all of the above fail.
You'll be able to see exactly when it has a fresh version by looking whether the newly generated file contains the new parameter.
Here Mudassar Ahmed Khan has explained how to Export a Grid View with Images or Pictures to Word Excel or PDF Formats in ASP. In this article the Grid View is displaying images stored on disk and th Hi, This is Mudassar Khan. Net Question Answer site, specially started to allow visitors of this site ask their doubts and queries. Just click the Ask Now button and ask your question now.
This is partly due to the Query Execution Plans which get created on SQL Server, been able to control when these Execution Plans get re-created, and also optimising the query based on database statistics, which isn't something LINQ to SQL deals with.
However I have to admit it's the current method I use for creating a Data Access Layer (DAL), albeit one which ultimately calls Stored Procedures, using LINQ to SQL This leads me to a problem I've been having recently, where I drag a stored procedure on from the Server Explorer in Visual Studio onto the file, which is all very nice and easy, but when it comes to changing the stored procedure such that it returns a different set of datatypes, or it's input parameters change, it's not been so easy to get the dbml file to reflect this, or not at least in a way I expect it to.So my previous workaround was to create a new file, dragging the changed stored procedure to this file which generate the auto generated code correctly for the new version of the stored procedure, I'd then simply copy that code to a new file I'd call 'dbml Filename-extension.cs' and then everything was fine to work from that file. A bit fed up with this, I managed to work out a better way to handle this, in what would appear to be the way it was designed to be done, just my thinking was maybe a little different expecting it to work in another way, but now I've discovered it, it makes good sense. Delete the stored procedure from the design surface of the file 2. Click Refresh in Server Explorer on the list of Stored Procedures 4. Check the code file and you will have the updated C# code for the new version of the stored procedure I had a bigger list to start with and I've been removing steps, so it's possible without further testing that some more steps could be removed.